Ozark Quilt Retreat
Learn, Relax, Quilt!!
February 20 - 22, 2014
Spend three days tucked away in the Ozark Mountains learning new quilting techniques, quilting with friends and being pampered by our cabins and restaurant staff. This package includes lunch, lodging, instructor fees, and applicable taxes. It does not include supplies and materials.
Sign up now, registration deadline is February 10
Get away from it all and just Quilt!
Choose from one of these classes when you register
- Quilted Sweatshirt Jacket by "Just Jennifer" - Jennie Sharp -
Learn how to transform a plain sweatshirt into a work of art – BY YOU! The jacket can be made for casual wear or dressed with embellishment to suit and occasion…You will need a sewing machine with straight stitch and zig-zag capabilities. You will be sent a supply list upon registration…You may bring your own fabrics or purchase kits and embellishments at the retreat.
- Three Dimensional Quilted Flower – Jan Hickman- Join in the magic of creating a three-dimensional. flower wall hanging. A kit will be provided ($20) of hand dyed fabric that will help in designing a realistic piece of art. Join in the excitement of learning techniques that will open up your world of original creations. Basic machine quilting skills are needed for this class.
- Wool Applique the “Sue Spargo” Way – Rene’ Riggan- Join Rene’ Riggan in a journey into the methods of Sue Spargo’s famous applique using embroidery stitches and pearl cotton to embellish her wool applique. A kit will be provided at a nominal fee along with threads and needles. Just bring your scissors and some applique pins, no machines needed, and we will have a relaxing three days of hand sewing. Everyone will be able to work at their own pace with no pressure to finish. You’re only finished when you quit embellishing. The photo is for example only, the actual project is still in creation. This project will make a lovely tote bag or pillow.
- Quilted as you go Bags with Jannie Poo – Jan Savu- Learn how to create a structured bag using a simple quilt as you go method, it’s a perfect way to put your scrap fabric to work. This is an excellent bag for traveling or carrying everything to your quilt meeting or retreat. The bag has an easy zip top closure and two large inside zipper pockets. Yes, of course, you can sew these easy zippers, Jan will show you how. The bag measures 15 ½” long by 17 ½” tall by 6 ½” deep has two handles and is completely lined. A supply fee will be paid to the instructor which will include the pattern, all interfacing and the top zipper which will be black. Students will provide fabric for the bottom, handles, pockets, lining and also scrap fabric for the top. After registering students will be sent a specific supply list.
- Tatting, Butterflies to Lace – Students will begin by learning how to read patterns and make lace with a tatting shuttle. The first project will be a tatted butterfly and will progress to other styles of lace. No prior experience is required but it will be helpful if you know how to crochet or knit. This class will be taught by Melody Conatser & Lydia Leatherwood
- Quilt as You Go Feathered Flower Throw - taught by Daphne Higginbotham, this easy quilting techinque allows you to quilt each block as you piece it. You will complete your quilt at the retreat and it uses only three fabrics. Come see how easy it is. You can choose to make a twin-sized, lap-sized or crib-sized quilt. Supply list, patterns and cutting instructions will be sent when you register for this class.
Visit ozarkquiltretreat . com
for pictures and more information on classes
New for 2014 – Early arrival Wednesday afternoon classes
Locker hooking with Jeanette Larson
Corn Shuck Flowers with Paula Lane
Chicken Scratch Embroidery with Melody Conatser.
$30 per class, no pre-registration required for these classes, pay instructor when you arrive
Registration Fees –
- $205.00 (no lodging) - includes workshop fees, 3 lunches, and registration fee.
- $275.00 (double occupancy) – includes workshop fees, 2 nights lodging, 3 lunches and registration fee. Please list your roommate’s name on this registration form.
- $350.00 (single occupancy) - includes workshop fees, 2 nights lodging, 3 lunches and registration fee. For quilters who want a room to themselves or to share a room with a non-quilting partner. For your non-quilting partner we can have classes available in blacksmithing, wood carving, broom tying and other crafts. These must be pre-arranged and have separate costs.
Lodging is available for early arrivals on Wednesday night or for those who want to stay and extra day on Saturday at the special Quilt Retreat rate of $72.48 (tax included). Call the Cabins at Dry Creek at 800-264-3655 to make these reservations, or sign up for the extra nights when you register for your class.
We’ll be posting photos and fun happenings on the retreat website at www.ozarkquiltretreat.com. If you have photos from the retreat that you would like to share, email them Rene’ Riggan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email any comments, suggestions or questions to Jeanette Larson, email@example.com.
Quilt Retreat 2014.pdf